Although the charges for tuition and fees reflect only a fraction of the cost of providing a seminar education, financial aid is available to help students avoid taking on any debt. The following options are available. If you have any questions, contact the Financial Aid Office at 412-731-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a variety of institutional scholarships which are detailed in our Academic Catalog. Students must apply for these using the Application for Financial Aid. Our most popular award is the Church Match Scholarship in which RPTS will match church contributions on a student’s behalf up to one third of the total tuition cost. If you are interested in applying for a loan, you should apply for an institutional scholarship as well.
Church Match Scholarship Form for 2017-2018
Church Match Scholarship Form for 2016-2017 (for 2017SP or 2017SU students only)
Chaplain Candidate Scholarship Partnership
This is a joint venture between RPTS and the US Army for those sensing God’s call to serve in the military chaplaincy and have agreed to enter one of the components of the US Army’s Chaplain Candidate Program. Read more here.
Military veterans are encouraged to contact the US Department of Veterans Affairs to determine benefit eligibility. They can be reached by phone at 1-888-442-4551 or at the VA benefits website. If you are considering RPTS, please let us know, and we can make available to you a personalized Shopping Sheet which is part of the Principles of Excellence Program to help you to compare educational institutions.
Federal Stafford Unsubsidized Loans
While the Seminary encourages you to do all you can to minimize indebtedness, you should explore all areas of financial aid available. To read more about this federal loan program, click here. Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information regarding Loans, Return of Title IV Fund Policy, and our Academic Progress Policy. Please note that you should complete the following steps only if you are interested in the Stafford Unsubsidized Loan.
1. The FAFSA application must be completed each year. Remember to safely store your FSA ID, which will be comprised of a user-selected username and password. This FSA ID replaces the former Federal Student Aid PIN. Print a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR). The school code for RPTS is G03358. (Beyond the FAFSA, no other application is required for the determination of a student's eligibility for Title IV assistance.)
2. All loan students must complete a Master Promissory Note each year. Use your FSA ID from Step 1. You will need your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which you received after completing the FAFSA.
3. New students must complete Direct Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling their first year at RPTS. Use PIN from Step 1.
4. Students must annually complete a Loan Request Form and forward it to the Financial Aid Office.
5. Students must also complete Exit Counseling upon graduation, termination of studies at RPTS, or if they drop below 6 credits.
If you are seeking financial assistance through scholarships, loans, or veterans' benefits, you need to have been accepted into a program of study before aid can be processed.