Dennis J. Prutow
Professor of Homiletics and Pastoral Theology, 2001-
Listen to Sermons by Dr. Dennis Prutow!
Dr. Prutow is a prolific preacher. SermonAudio.com reported recently that there were a total of over 110 thousand downloads of his more than 900 posted sermons.
Converted to faith in Jesus Christ through the ministry of an army chaplain during his service in Korea, he himself later ministered as chaplain with U.S. Special Forces and a mechanized infantry battalion in Vietnam following his seminary training.
Dr. Prutow authored In Response, a monthly expository newsletter, prior to coming to the Seminary. He continues the Word for the Week, a weekly devotional newspaper column available in over eight hundred newspapers. The following are representative periodical articles: "Five Points of Calvinism," in Presbyterian Guardian; "Homosexuality vs. Homosexualism," in The Outlook; "Learn and Live," and an ongoing series of articles in the Reformed Presbyterian Witness.
- Fort MacArthur, San Pedro, CA – Acting Assistant and Assistant Post Chaplain, 1963-68
- JFK Center for Special Warfare, Fort Bragg, NC – Group Chaplain, 6th Special Forces, 1968-69
- Ninth Infantry Division, Vietnam – Battalion Chaplain, 47th Infantry, 1969
- Fort Jackson, SC – Assistant Post Chaplain, 1970
- Westminster Orthodox Presbyterian Church, Bartlesville, OK – Pastor, 1974-82
- Caney Orthodox Presbyterian Church, Caney, KS – Pastor, 1978-1980
- Sterling Reformed Presbyterian Church, Sterling, KS – Pastor, 1988-2001
Other Teaching Experience:
- Sangre De Cristo Seminary, Westcliffe, CO
- Westminster Evangelistic Ministries, Sterling, KS
- Frequent lecturer at churches and conferences
- B.S., United States Military Academy at West Point
- M.Div., Fuller Theological Seminary
- D.Min., Reformed Theological Seminary, Orlando
Back to Faculty Page